We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our team! You will be preparing and cooking a variety of dishes for restaurant guests to enjoy. You are passionate about creating exceptional dining experiences through good, quality food. With previous experience as a cook, you are able to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. Ideally, you have your ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification.
We operate at the Burbank Airport and the The United States Government will conduct a 10 year background check to determine eligibility to receive a workplace badge.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Respond to guest feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
- Previous experience as a restaurant cook preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
Compensation: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)